Saturday, March 27, 2010

IMDB Game - Woody Harrelson, Defendor

In September, I picked up a contract working for the the Canadian Alliance of Film & Television Costume Arts & Design (CAFTCAD) doing publicity for their annual Film Festival fund raiser. The event displayed costumes created by several CAFTCAD members for films being featured at the Festival, including Dilip Mehta's Cooking with Stella, Ruba Nadda's Cairo Time, and George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead.

One of the most interesting costumes at this event was from Peter Stebbings' Defendor. It was all black, with what looked like a German army helmet, and a giant 'D' made of of duct tape and stuck on his chest. I couldn't decide if it looked awesome or ridiculous. I decided though that it was awesome because it was ridiculous. It definitely sold me on going to see the film.

I went and saw it in February and was blown away by how amazing it was. Woody Harrelson was fantastic as Arthur Poppington. Kat Dennings and Elias Koteas were equally as impressive. What topped it for me was how the film managed to maintain its distinctly Canadian feel while casting three relatively well-known American actors. I just loved it! I urge everybody to check it out.

Therefore, I launched this lastest installment of the IMDB game with Woody as a tribute to how awesome this film was. Feel free to refer to my pervious IMDB game post, if you're unclear on the rules.



Woody Harrelson -> Defendor -> Peter Sebbings ->
“Flashpoint” -> Amy Jo Johnson -> “Felicity” -> J.J. Abrams -> Untitled Star Trek Sequel -> Chris Pine -> Unstoppable -> Denzel Washington -> The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 -> Tony Scott -> “The Pillars of the Earth” -> Ian McShane -> Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides -> Johnny Depp -> The Rum Diary -> Aaron Eckhart -> The Dark Knight -> Christian Bale -> Untitled Batman Project -> Doug Jones -> Legion -> Paul Bettany -> Iron Man 2 -> Robert Downey Jr. -> A Scanner Darkly ->Woody Harrelson


Interesting note: I compiled this on Thursday, and was surprised to read that Doug Jones was rumoured to have been cast as The Riddler in Christopher Nolan's new Batman film. I went back to hyperlink everything, I noticed that was no longer the case. I think he'd make a cool Riddler. Take a look at the photo below. He looks perfect for the role. All Edward E. Nigma-ish.

No comments: